Index.

1. How to upload Photos and Videos
2. How to create a Photo Album
3. How to create a new discussion thread / add comments to existing discussions
4. How to add an event
5. How to update your profile
6. How to ask Ning not to send you so many emails

1. How to upload Photos and Videos.

On the right column you will find a "Quick Add..." drop-down menu. That's the basis for all this user's guide. Select "Photos" or "Video" and follow it up from there.
Each photo may be up to 10MB in size and videos, up to 100 MB.
You can also paste the embed code of your uploaded videos (Youtube, Google Videos, Vimeo, etc.) using this same menu or directly in any of your comment boxes.

You can also add photos from your Flicker albums (or other online resources) through the same dialogue box.

Note: It's advisable to create a Photo Album to organize your photos. Photo Albums are displayed on our Main page...

2. How to create a Photo Album

Go to PHOTOS
You will find a menu containing various links in the central column: "All Photos", "All Albums", "My photos", "My Albums". You can create a new Album by clicking on "My Albums" or, when viewing your own photos, by clicking the "+ Add New Album" link on the upper right corner of the central column.
To add photos to that album, simply click and drag the photos you want to the new album.

3. How to create a new discussion thread / add comments to existing discussions.

Go to FORUM.
Listed there are the categories of all current discussions. Select the proper one and click on it. You can add a discussion at any time clicking on the " + Add a Discussion " on the top right corner of the central column.

To post a comment to other people's discussions (or profiles), simply type your text in the "comment text box" that automatically opens for you each time you visit an existing discussion thread or profile.

Note: as a memeber you cannot create Categories in the forum. Please feel free to suggest a new Category in our discussion "Suggestions to improve our Village" .

4. How to add an event.

As when adding photos or videos, click on the "Quick Add..." drop-down menu on the right column and select "Event". Fill in all required information.
Events will automatically appear on the Main page according to dates.

Note: If the event includes a call for entries, please, post it also in our Forum, Category "Calls for entries"

5. How to update your profile.

Go to MY PAGE
On the left column you will find your personal info and links to "add/change my photo" and change "Theme".
The theme you select will only change the appearance of your MY PAGE.

Just in case, Ning offers you a second way to do this:

On the right column, there's a "Settings" link, where you can update your personal info (including your photo and "my page's theme").

6. How to ask Ning not to send you so many emails.

Go to MY PAGE
Go to "My Settings" on the right column.
Click on EMAIL (left column) and uncheck the unwanted boxes.

Views: 321

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Larry Cuba.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service